YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shayla - Date #6: Pistol Pedro*

So...I borrowed a camera for the rest of my dates thinking lugging my huge DSLR around wasn't the most fun idea. Come to find out the camera I borrowed won't connect to my computer...so I took a picture of the screen with my cell phone and this is what you get. Ha-zah! I'll fix it eventually...

Name*: Pistol Pedro

Date Description: Pistol Pedro and I went to lunch today at Teriyaki Grill. It was a simple and fantastic thing to do! I had never been to this particular restaurant, so it was a fun adventure to try something new and spicy. (I got fire chicken hot, or something like that...all I know is it was spicy, chicken, and delicious.) We sat and chatted about life in general and our different ideas on several topics. Pedro is one of my favorite people to talk to and bounce ideas off of. It was a great date!

Best Quality: Pedro is a very thoughtful person. He is very considerate and cares about others--even if he tries to hide it.

Highlight of Date: How could I possibly pick a highlight? The whole thing was awesome!

What I Admired: I admire Pedro's ability to think through things. Whenever I'm stressed about something he finds a solution and makes it sound so easy! He also calms me down when I freak out over little things.

How do you know the person you're on a date with? I work with him!

Describe the date in one word? Simple

*Name has been changed
Thanks Pistol Pedro, for being so chill.

8 comments:

Jon said...

He looks pretty vague... ;)

Anonymous said...

This doesn't sound like a date, but two co-workers getting together for lunch....

Shayla said...

I don't care what you think. I specifically asked him on a date.

Eric said...

I'm ok with it. If it was understood that it was a date, then it was. If Jon's ok with it, that's all that matters.

Jon said...

It totally counts in my opinion. I'm planning to write more about it later on in the competition (I hinted that I would in my post "Not Just a Number."

Pistol Pedro said...

Hey this is pistol pedro. If getting to 12th base matters, we totally rounded it. Best Date ever!

Mikey J said...

It was definitely a date. Us fellow co-workers have been harrassing Shayla and Pistol Pedro ever since.

Lisa said...

Looove the picture! Hahahaha, not joking tho! Good to switch things up a bit, gives it character :D