YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shayla - Date #16: Fred Astaire*

Name*: Fred Astaire


Date Description: Fred and I drove up to downtown Salt Lake to go see Carmen the Utah Opera. I started off the night well by taking us to Abravanel Hall, instead of the Capitol Theater. Luckily the correct theater was close by so we had a nice little walk. Carmen was a GREAT opera! I loved every second (even the parts where I hated Carmen, I still loved it, if that makes any sense.) After the opera we went and got some food and chatted for what I felt was about 30 minutes. Turned out to be closer to 2 hours…


Best Quality: Oh man, this question just gets harder and harder. Honestly, Fred is amazing. I don’t even know how to choose a best quality. He sings, dances, is ambitious, frugal, spiritual, funny, creative and humble...are there better qualities? I know I personally couldn't top it...


Highlight of Date: I am going to have to say the conversation! While the opera was fabulous and I absolutely loved it, I loved the conversations that took place at the intermissions and afterward. I loved that I could ask Fred questions that you don’t usually ask on a first date, and he was okay with it! I felt like I got to know him really well because he was up for more personal questions.


What I Admired: I definitely admired Fred’s attitude. Everything is positive in his mind and you can tell he enjoys life because of it.

How do you know the person you're on a date with? Blind date, once again set up by the amazing Explainer of Everything!

Describe the date in one word? Flawless

Thanks for being up for a non-typical first date, Fred!

*Name has been changed

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Whooo! I wanna go to an Opera!!

Brittany said...

I had a dream, I doubled with you on one of your dates, we were at the beach and it started to rain and my date ran to the car and left me and I attacked by swans that I had to fight off with my towel, but you had a good time with your date :)

David said...

Haha. I know Fred! I actually interviewed him on Saturday for a magazine. :)

Kim Whitefield said...

Wowzas, this guy sounds 2nd-date worthy for sure!