YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shayla - Date #17: Scenic*

Name*: Scenic

Date Description: The anticipation had been building for days. A murder was going to take place...but I had no idea I was going to be involved!
Scenic took me to a dinner mystery theater! I have never been to one before and it was quite entertaining. We had dinner while watching a murder mystery (we even got to be extras in one of the scenes and show our mad dance skills!). At the end we "interviewed" each of the characters to see if we could figure out who done it. We doubled with Jon and Nancy Drew, who were brilliant at figuring out the clues (but maybe not so brilliant at knowing their own names). The murderer was discovered and we all made it safely home with no gun wounds.
After dinner we went to Scenic's place for games and The Office. It was truly a night of many laughs.

Best Quality: I don't think scenic is afraid of anything! That is a quality I wish I had. When they told us to get out there and dance, he went full speed ahead, even doing the limbo out on the dance floor and just had a great time. It was very entertaining to watch!

Highlight of Date: There were so many highlights on this date that just wouldn't mean anything to anyone else. I think this date goes as record for the date that I came away with the most inside jokes from! (Scenic being one of them--I chose the less shocking option.) So I guess I would say the highlight is all the inside jokes I took away. I love being able to see someone later and instantly have a funny memory!

What I Admired: I admire Scenic's ability to see what is right for him specifically in his life. I could tell that he has put some good thought into the things he is doing in his life right now and has taken the time to make sure it is the right thing for him. Even when life has taken different turns than he'd originally anticipated, he takes it, sees the good in it, and just runs with it. What a great thing to be able to do!

How do you know the person you're on a date with? Blind date set up by Romeo.

Describe the date in one word? Thrilling
Thanks Scenic, for the times I know I'm going to bust up laughing in the future over some ridiculous thing I remembered from tonight. I know it will be totally humiliating, and funny.

*Name has been changed

No comments: