YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Shayla - Date #8: Fastball*



Name*: Fastball

Date Description: I met Fastball this morning for a riveting game of Racquetball! He did the gentlemanly thing to do and took it easy on me so I didn't feel like a complete failure. I improved at least 500% over the last time I played. Before I could hit the ball once, then the other person would hit, then I'd miss. This time I could sometimes go 5 or more turns without missing! So exciting. Fast ball also taught me how to play off the back wall. I successfully hit myself in the head, but only once. After our amazing game we treated ourselves to papusas--one of my favorite Salvadorian treats!

Best Quality: Fastball is easy to talk to. He has a fun personality that is contagious!

Highlight of Date: I hit the ball out of the court up to the next level so Fastball said I had to go fetch it. So I dropped it on him from above when he wasn't looking...mwa ha ha.

What I Admired: I always admire the way Fastball can talk to people. I know I said that in best quality, but seriously, it's a gift! Sometimes I have trouble coming up with conversation but he really can talk to just about anybody.

How do you know the person you're on a date with? He's in my former ward!

Describe the date in one word? Entertaining
Thanks Fastball! For being patient while I continue to learn the sport!

*Name has been changed

2 comments:

Tiff said...

This guy is a good one. A+

Lisa said...

Way to drop the ball on him! Bawhahahaha!