YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Shayla - Date #3: Edward*

Name*: Edward

Date Description: For this date we decided to go Snowshoeing! Snowshoeing is a sport I have taken up in the last few years and I just love it--so I was super excited that Edward wanted to go.
We went to REI to pick up our snowshoes and then took off into the mountains. We started at the Church Fork trailhead which took us to the Grandeur Peak trailhead. It is by far the most beautiful snowshoeing trip I have been on (see picture below). The trail was pretty flattened out but we went "off road" a few times. We hiked until it got dark and turned back not too far from where we *guessed* the peak was.

Best Quality: His humility. Edward is honestly one of the most amazing, well-rounded people I have had the pleasure to know, but he would never admit it in a million years.

Highlight of Date: The scenery and the fact that Edward was enjoying it as much as I was. Words didn't have to be spoken for the admiration of God's creations--it was seriously AMAZING. And when we did talk it was fun to see what each of us had noticed in the scenery. We'd point out things the other had missed, it was great!

What I Admired: I admired Edwards open mind. Not only was he willing to try a sport he's never done before, but every thing we talked about reminded me of how open-minded he is. I think this is what will get him far in life and his career.

How do you know the person you're on a date with? He's in my ward!

Describe the date in one word? Unique
Thanks Edward--for being Edward.

*Name has been changed, though I'm sure the book character is based on my date...minus the vampire part. ;)

No comments: