YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Shayla - Date #14: Mr. Incredible*

Name*: Mr. Incredible

Date Description: Yesterday I had LASIK surgery and the Dr. told me I was basically allowed to do nothing except for watch TV. Because I had no idea what condition my eyes would be in after the surgery, I didn't know what all I would be up for. Mr. Incredible was kind enough to come and watch a movie with me! I'm pretty sure he had some incredible plan, like flying me to Europe or something for the day, but in my frail condition he consented to sitting and watch a movie with me. We had a great time laughing and chowing down on popcorn. It was so nice and comfortable and relaxing. Just what my dry little eyes and tired little head needed.

Best Quality:
Mr. Incredible makes me feel like an incredible person. It is easy to see that he is a great friend to everyone he knows. He is interested in people and digs to find out why they are interested in the things they love.

Highlight of Date: Listening to Mr. Incredible scream when I made him fast forward through a scandalous part of the movie. I was glad to not be watching it, but it was a show in and of itself listening to his torment. Is that bad that I was delighting in his pain? I think it made up for it when I had to fast forward through the next scandal and he got to close his eyes. (Disclaimer: The author of this post does not admit to watching scandalous movie...nor does Mr. Incredible. Hence the screaming...)

What I Admired: I will always admire Mr. Incredible's view of others. You can tell that he admires a lot of his friends and I love that he shows it. It feels good just to be around him because you know you are someone special in his eyes. It is obvious that he has a talent in seeing the good in others.

How do you know the person you're on a date with? He's in my ward!

Describe the date in one word? Dare I say...incredible? :)
Thanks Mr. Incredible! For always making me feel incredible.
*Name has been changed

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwww :)

Larissa said...

I love how big his nose looks in this picture, how hot you look, and that you were able to keep your eyes open for a flash! And your eyes both look stunning in this photo...way to be!!!