YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eric - Date #6: Lee*






Name*: Lee

Date Description: This was a fun group date that we were lucky enough to be a part of!  (See Shayla's post about Mr. Schmidt*.)  We went up to the house of one of the members of our former Bishopric.  He and his wife were gracious enough to host 4 couples there.  He made us some delicious stakes (fillet mignon), baked potatoes and rolls, with Martinelli's apple cider to drink!  And of course, the German Chocolate cake afterward.  After dinner, we went downstairs and played.  Seriously, just played, MarioKart on the Wii (my date was amazing at it), piano, fuzzball, pool, jukebox, and Phase 10 (Lee won, of course).  It was a lot of fun!  It was strange because for some reason I felt very A.D.D. and just couldn't stop looking at things and wanting to talk about them and stuff.  But, Lee was so cool about it and afterward Shayla told me that's how I always act, so I guess I was alright!  Thanks Lee, for being patient with me and being such an awesome date!

Best Quality: I was very impressed with how smart Lee is.  She surprised me with her knowledge about Title Insurance (who knows anything about that?) and almost every other topic that we discussed.

Highlight of Date:  Sorry, Hawaiian Haystack, but it was not the cat's song choices.  It was telling Lee (along with my friend, "Mr. C") about our amazing Art teacher and his sweet English skills.  I always love telling people about it.

What I Admired: Along with her smarts, I've always been impressed at Lee's constant kindness and excited attitude about life.  She's not loud about it, but she shows genuine interest and concern in what other people say.  I don't think I've ever greeted her without seeing her smile and ask "How are ya?" and really mean it.  Seriously, awesome girl.

How do you know the person you're on a date with?  She's in my ward!

Describe the date in one word?  Thrilling.

Random story:  So I had been up to the house we were going to before, but I didn't exactly remember how to get there.  Luckily I had three other people in my car who did know, including my date!  So we passed the exit that would have been the most direct route there, because I was so captivated by our conversation, and we had to go a longer way to get there.  I guess I just wanted to say I'm grateful for Lee's awesome navigation skills as well, that helped us get to our destination safely.  Thanks again, Lee!

*Names have been changed

No comments: