YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Eric - Date #2: Prune Hilda


Name*: Prune Hilda

Age:  27

Date Description:  For my date with Prune Hilda [PH], we decided we wanted to go snowshoeing!  I had never been before, but had heard a lot about it from some of my friends and it sounded like a blast, so I had wanted to go for a long time!  Luckily, even though it was my first time, PH was a pro.  We went to REI and rented our snowshoes (and PH got a new membership there - {sweet!}), and then drove up Millcreek Canyon to find some trails that she had looked up.  Luckily for us 4 wheel drive or chains weren't required, as a lot of the snow from this week's storms had been melted or plowed off the roads.  We set off on a trail called Grandeur Peak.  At first, I was amazed at how difficult it was to climb in the snow with big slabs of plastic strapped to my feet, and PH was just cruisin' along like it was no problem!  After a while though, it seemed to get easier.  We didn't quite make it to the top of Grandeur Peak, because we hadn't planned very well how dark it would get while we were on the mountain.  So when it started to get darker, we decided to head back down.  It was so beautiful up there, both in the daylight and at dusk, because the snow was bright enough to let us see on our way down!  After returning our snowshoe rentals, I was just smiling because of how happy I was from being up in the mountains with a good friend!

Best Quality:  Prune Hilda has a quiet confidence that I really enjoy.  I don't know how else to explain it, but you can tell she's not worried about what will happen next, because of how confident she is in being able to deal with whatever comes her way.

Highlight of Date:  For me, it was the Chocolate and Peanuts, Sharkies, and talking about thinking.

What I Admired:  I was impressed by PH's stamina!  What a tough, athletic girl!  When she goes on hikes or hears stories from people, she tends to think about how those stories or experiences could be used in a sacrament meeting talk or a gospel-tied lesson.  I like it when girls are spiritually-minded like PH.

How do you know the person you're on a date with?  She's in my ward!

Describe the date in one word?  Refreshing.

What is her favorite quirk?  Kicking snow off the car's "flaps".

*Name has been changed (I hope you already knew that).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope no one asks me...

Jon said...

I can't read minds, and while Eric and Shayla are pretty amazing people, I'm pretty sure they can't either. So if you don't want us to ask you out, you'd better let someone know. Otherwise you take the risk of being asked out. We're sincere about each of our dates, and we're sincere about dating a lot this month.

Eric said...

I can read minds... I just choose not to.

Kim Whitefield said...

Eric, you've described Prune Hilda perfectly: spiritually-minded, self-assured. It's nice to know others see what I see in my PH buddy!