YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Eric - Date #9: Nike*


Name*: Nike

Age: 23

Date Description: For our date, I had decided to try out the place "Jump On It" that Jon went to with Tykwesia*.  But I kind of didn't know exactly how to get there, and we decided to go try something else instead.  So we went to a place in Provo called "Ozz" to play some pool!  When we pulled up, I thought it was going to be some ghetto place, but when we walked in to the back, they had some really nice pool tables, and just a great atmosphere!  I think it might have been Nike's first time playing.  But I was amazed at how quickly she learned!  By the end, she was kickin' my trash at pool.  It was a lot of fun!  Then we went to Kneader's for dinner, and decided to go check Walgreen's for discount lift passes, and spent some time exploring the store.  I know this might sound like a boring date, but luckily Nike has a great personality and we ended up having a lot of fun!  It was probably the best blind date I've ever been on!  She's a super-cool girl, athletic, fun and smart.  Thanks Nike for being so awesome!

Best Quality: I would say it was Nike's laugh!  She has an awesome laugh, and it just made me happy every time I heard it.

Highlight of Date: When Nike went on a streak of hitting several pool balls in, including the cue ball.  (In the picture, she had it it and it stopped as close as physically possible without falling in - now that's talent.)  "I need more chalk."

What I Admired: I was very impressed by Nike's confidence.  She's ok with trying new things and having fun with it.  It seemed like we have similar personalities, which I think is pretty cool.  Also, she loves being busy and is obviously concerned about others' welfare.  She's definitely someone I want to get to know better.

How do you know the person you're on a date with? Blind Date set up by my Sister!

Describe Nike in one word?  Intriguing.

What is her favorite activity? Snowboarding, Volleyball, Travelling

In summary, this was the best blind date I've ever been on!  Honest.  Thanks Sis and Nike for making it happen!

Disclaimer: The photo is of our date, just not of us.  :)

*Name has been changed

1 comment:

Christine Frandsen said...

Anytime :)
I'm glad you didn't win. Seriously.