YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Eric - Date #8: Xena*



Name*: Xena

Age: 24 (although most people say she looks younger)

Date Description: This was seriously a super-epic-awesome-"funner"-amazing date!  So today as I was waiting at the Driver's License office waiting to renew my license, I got a text from a guy in my ward saying he had 4 tickets to the Jazz game tonight - on the FIFTEENTH row!  So I called him, and got 2 of the tickets!  The first person I thought of to take was Xena (I was already planning on taking her out sometime), because I knew she'd be so much fun to take!  Well, I was right.  We had tons of fun!  Wait 'til you read the "Highlight of Date" section.  So we went, ate some dinner there and watched the Jazz pull out a W after what seemed like inevitable defeat!  The end of the game was especially riveting.  (I like that word.)  Then we took a walk down the street to delay taking packed trax trains home and got on a much less crowded one.  Simple, and super fun.  Thanks Xena!!!

Best Quality: Xena's best quality is truly unique.  There aren't many people who understand my sense of humor (my sister is one who does).  But Xena gets it perfectly.  She laughed at all my dumb jokes and puns, and plays along wonderfully.  That's definitely unique.

Highlight of Date:  If you don't like to laugh, you'll probably want to move on to the next section.  I hope you can envision each of these.  Trying to catch confetti in our mouths (20 pts) or hands (10 pts) and then being trumped at the end by the old man who had inadvertently caught one on the top of his head!  The black guy on the trax platform wearing his pants around his thighs and a pick stuck in his 'fro.  Me flipping out and holding our breath around smokers (Xena liked this one).  Screaming higher than Xena for the Jazz.  Poking coats to see how warm they are.  Massaging our cheeks from laughing so hard.  Me refusing to text Kyle Korver's date hotline for Xena (how would I stand a chance against that guy, after he saw Xena?).  The ingenious plan to walk down to (closed) temple square to avoid crowded trains.  Our fellow Jazz fan (a girl) who was getting so upset when the Jazz were losing.  The man who was dancing on the court while we were waiting in line for our food - and when I said "please fall over"... he did.  Walking on the curb, because it's "funner up here".  Thinking there was a step when there wasn't and stomping my foot down in front of a poor little boy coming up the isle - Xena thought "why is he stomping his foot so hard right in front of that poor little kid?".  The lady who stopped her car when she saw that I was about to march across the street.  Backing up in front of Xena's house.  This is just the beginning, it truly was an epic date.

What I Admired:  Xena knows how to have fun, but not be out of control.  I didn't have to worry so much about dating protocols, because she was relaxed and came ready to just have a good time.  She's pretty impressive.

How do you know the person you're on a date with?  She moved into our ward!

Describe the date in one word?  Fun (ha! no one's used that one yet, i don't think)

What is their favorite seafood?  Crab legs.

*Name has been changed

3 comments:

Clestial said...

Thanks for advertising my blog for me! hehe. Sounds like an awesome blossom date!

Jon said...

That sounds like one of the funnest dates ever! So cool...

Staci said...

Sounds like this date was EPIC! And Xena sounds like an amazingly fun girl :)