YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Shayla - Date #20: Velociraptor*

Name*: Velociraptor

Date Description: We went to one of my favorite restaurants, WINGERS! It was a little embarrassing that when he asked me what he should get, since he'd never been before, I could personally recommend almost everything on the menu. Whoops! This was definitely a laughing date. Mr. Raptor has some funny stories up his sleeve!

Best Quality: Velociraptor is very sure of himself, but not in a cocky, stuck-up way. No, he hasn't figured out exactly what he wants to do for the rest of his life, but he has a quiet confidence that is quite intriguing.

Highlight of Date: Listening to Velociraptor tell the stories from his childhood just cracked me up! Seriously, I'm laughing again just thinking about it. His mannerisms just about killed me--I don't think he realizes how fun he is to watch when he tells stories. If he does I couldn't tell because of his humility!

What I Admired: I admire Mr. Raptor's ability to let his personality show! I think a lot of people are afraid, or guarded probably is a better word, of showing their personality on a first, and especially a blind, date. Velociraptor just put it out there (at least I think? Maybe he's not really funny and it was all a facade). We had a great time!

How do you know the person you're on a date with? Blind date, set up by the crazy girl that I just love SO MUCH!

Describe the date in one word? Pleasant
Thanks Velociraptor, for the laughs. Seriously, you don't know how much I needed it. :)

*Name has been changed

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Velociraptor?! Ok usually these names go along with the date! Whats the story about this one?!

Andrea said...

Thanks for the shout out!!! I'm glad you guys had fun :)