YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shayla - Date #12: Breaux*

Name*: Breaux (pronounced Bro)

Date Description: Have you ever met someone that you had so much in common with that time just flew by getting to know each other?? That's exactly how this date was! Getting cream on our faces was just the beginning of a great night! We talked and laughed and got cream resisted the temptation to make a mess with our hot chocolate cream. (Well, more of a mess than you see above.)

Best Quality: I feel like Breaux and I have been friends for a long time. He's so easy to talk to and we had so much in common! Sometimes I have a lot in common with people, but you still have to be normal and go gently from subject to subject, but with Breaux my true self really came out. No gentle switches, we just bounced around from topic to topic and I was impressed that he followed the conversation as well as he did!

Highlight of Date: Watching Breaux freak out when he learned I'd never seen Star Wars was pretty classic!

What I Admired: Breaux and I talked about books and hadn't really read any of the same books. I was impressed with Breaux enthusiasm to read the books I suggested (Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, The Princess Bride, and the Hunger Games Series), even though they are not his typical style. He is also very well-rounded in music--hard rock to Opera...don't find that every day!

How do you know the person you're on a date with? Blind date set up by my awesome coworker, Stacie!

Describe the date in one word? Like a mint. (okay that's three words, but it's so funny! right? At least he'll get it...I think...)
Breaux, thanks for being so excited to go out with me!

*Name has been changed

3 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

I might pick this one just because of the picture! hahaha!

Lisa said...

What the?! You really haven't seen star wars?! WHO ARE YOU?!?!?!?

Kim Whitefield said...

Like a mint? I don't get it, but I can tell he totally gets you. This is so exciting, Shayla!