YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Jon - Date #1: Sumiko



Name*: Sumiko (okay, so it's obviously Shayla, that's why I thought it was okay to use a wide shot--but I'm still using an alias)
Age: Not quite 28.
How I know her: Sumiko has been a friend of mine for a long time. She's even doing this dating competition with me!

I took Sumiko ice skating at the Gallivan center. It turned out to be an even better experience than I'd hoped. There was a DJ there, so we made sure to add some awesome dance moves to our skating. She was quite a graceful skater, and didn't fall once. But I was even more impressed with how gracefully she handled it when I fell on the ice. I've gone ice skating on dates before, but those dates were never as fun as this. I usually get bored with ice skating after 45 minutes. But Sumiko and I had so much fun that the time flew by.

After the skating rink closed we went to Denny's to get dessert and lots of water (the water fountains at the Gallivan Center were shut off due to winter, and we were thirsty--I probably drank a whole gallon on my own). It was a great night and an awesome way to start off the month.

Best Quality: She always makes me feel special.
Highlight of Date: Definitely watching the DJ do his own style of dancing just outside the rink. I pulled out my camera to take video of it, but it was too late. But it was very entertaining!
What I Admired: Sumiko had a long day and was probably really tired by the time we went out, but she was so enthusiastic, energetic, and full of conversation that I wouldn't have known she'd been on 3 other dates on the same day.

The word I'd use to describe the date is: fantastic!
Her favorite flower is the Plumeria.

*Names are different than normal.

No comments: