YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shayla - Second Date #1: Toby Maguire

Name*: Toby Maguire

Date Description: This was my first second date from the dating race, and the last date I will be posting about. We did a triple date with Jon, Eric, and their dates, Zoey, and Xena, respectively. First we met at a mutual friend's wedding reception because we just love them so much we couldn't NOT go! It was fun to see Toby in a setting where he didn't know anybody. It showed me how easy-going he truly is.
Next we went over to Eric's house and made dinner together. Jon and Zoey were in charge of appetizer and drinks; Eric and Xena made the main course, and Toby and I made dessert. I have to say it was one of the best overall homemade meals I've had in a long time!
After dinner we played a riveting game of Balderdash (MAN these are some funny people!) and then off to play Mario Kart (which, for those of you who have paid attention, is my favorite video game...possibly because it's the only one I know how to play...and yes, I fell off all the mushrooms...)

Best Quality: Toby is very go-with-the-flow. He was up for anything and everything we decided to do!

Highlight of Date: Mario Kart, always Mario Kart. Okay, more like watching Toby get into Mario Kart and laughing with him as one, or both, of us went driving off cliffs and into giant chomping duck-looking things...

What I Admired: I feel like Toby isn't afraid to be himself. He hangs back when he feels like hanging back and gets in there when he feels like being there! I think it's admirable when people have the ability to just not care what everyone else thinks.

How do you know the person you're on a date with? He was voted best date on some dating race I did last month...

Describe the date in one word? Fun!
Thanks Toby! For winning the dating race so I could go out with you again!
*Name has been changed

No comments: