YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

As a reminder...our readers will vote on who each of us should take on a second date! This date will be a group date with all three participants in this contest. The winner (or the person with the most dates), will receive a free date, paid for by the other two contestants.

Your chance to participate will take place THIS WEEK! Voting will be open ONLY Monday, 01 February until Friday, 05 February. He or she who receives the most votes will be announced once final plans are in place.

Although it may seem that you can vote more than once on any given computer, only the first vote actually counts (trust us, we've tried it out).

Our final blog posts will be written about our second dates. Thanks for your support in our friendly dating competition! We have really enjoyed this opportunity to get a jump start on our personal goals.

Happy Voting!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shayla - Date #22: Samurai*



Name*: Samurai


Date Description: For this date, Samurai and I flew to San Diego for a nice long walk on the beach. We built sand castles and jumped in the giant waves. Then we had a picnic on the beach and laid down and listened to the waves crash against the rocks. What a great way to end the dating race. Okay...I lied. But we did IMAGINE we did that!
This is the only date in the race that I have made a meal for someone! But, being Sunday, it seemed a suitable date. This morning I made one of my family's favorite breakfasts, breakfast tacos. Samurai came and helped me polish off the pan and we had a great talk.

Best Quality: Samurai always has something nice to say. He's one of those guys who thinks a nice thing and says it. I think too many people withhold their compliments.

Highlight of Date: I loved that we sat and talked about our scars! I didn't realize until this morning how much I had been hurt as a child--and I have all the scars to prove it!

What I Admired: Samurai is every girls dream! Without even thinking about it, he stood up and did the dishes. Then as he was leaving the house he took our trash with him. Sometimes, as a joke, I have ASKED guys that come over if they would take out our trash and they never will...but Samurai just does it because that's what comes natural to him. What a great guy!

How do you know the person you're on a date with? He's in my ward!

Describe the date in one word? Nostalgic
Thanks Samurai! For the long walk on the beach.

*Name has been changed

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yay for breakfast tacos! :D